Thursday, October 27, 2016

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

by Jamie Bennett

Halloween is my favorite time of year. I love fall, skeletons, ghouls, costumes, and everything else that is this holiday. To the left is a photo of the family in Saint Helens, OR.
We visited this year for the spirit of Halloweentown.

Halloweentown is a made-for-TV movie that premiered on the Disney Channel back when I was just a kid. Kimberly Jean Brown plays Marnie, a teenage girl who is unknowingly a witch.  Marnie and her family go to Halloweentown and save the day. Halloweentown is in fact Saint Helens, and every year they celebrate. Click to learn more about the Spirit of Halloweentown.

Read on to Learn More About My October.

We had a great time. Marnie read to us from her new children's book, and we received a signed copy. We also got pictures with her in a cab (movie prop). I hope she comes back next year, because we had an amazing time. I even had a chili dog name Kalabar's Revenge. Kalabar is the villain. We counted down the pumpkin lighting, and it was just a wonderful experience all around. It was around this time my daughter received a kitten and named it Marnie.

In addition to Halloweentown we have ventured through the Lone Pine corn maze, decorated, carved pumpkins, attended a Halloween dance, a Halloween fair, I will be competing in two costume contests, and the list goes on and on. I love this time of year, and I love my family. My wife and I will be celebrating seven years of marriage on October 31, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment