Thursday, May 31, 2018

Leaving Guaranty

I decided to leave Guaranty because, I was no longer getting the experience that I wanted. I also felt unable to enact the kinds of changes and designs that I wanted to see. Things became compartmentalized in such a way that I was doing more of the work that I disliked, and less of the work that I feel like I am truly best suited for. I tried to rectify this but to no avail.

I won't make a habit out of belaboring my employment in posts, but I worked there for so long that I feel like it's worth putting a period on my Guaranty experience.

Click "Read More" below to see a video of my office space before I left Guaranty. 

I had a plotter, light and padding box. There was a giant paper cutter. I am running out direct mail. I managed the designing of the mailers, purchasing of materials, cutting and delivery of millions of direct mailers throughout my time at Guaranty. This was just one of the hats that I wore. I also managed their direct mail, hand made signage, created digital signs and electronic advertising displays.

At the top of the post is an example of what I truly loved to do. I love to go out, capture content and create original marketing materials. That is my daughter running in a grass field. The extremely talented Billy Newman took that photo. I was on hand to help direct things and Billy is a great photographer in his own right. Billy no longer works at Guaranty. I am glad he stayed around long enough for me to leave because, he always made me look incredible.
Guaranty was a wonderful company to work for.



No comments:

Post a Comment