Tuesday, December 18, 2018

CascadeColour.com Redesigned • Why I Left Facebook












So, before I get into "Why I Left Facebook," I wanted to announce that I am redeveloping my brand. I will be rebuilding this website and changing all of my branding to something more like what is featured above. You may have already gotten updated invoicing or promotional materials with this logo. This change has been long overdue.

You've probably noticed that I no longer have a Facebook account. I have turned it off for multiple reasons. Facebook is a time suck, and I don't care for second hand news, weird opinions or memes. I turned it off for now and I may not turn it on again. My wife has an account where my family can see pictures of my life. I have an Instagram account and the people I freelance for know where to find me.

Click "Read More" below to learn more about my decision to leave Facebook.


For the last decade Facebook has been a part of my daily routine and responsibilities. I never once enjoyed the platform. I was tending to other peoples' business, and I did my best to avoid saying anything of actual substance. I've honestly been wanting to get rid of my account for some time. I may need to turn it back on for work, but for now I don't miss the Facebook experience. I am happy that I granted myself permission to take a break.


In the future I will be teaching and I want to better control what personal information exists in public. If you have a Facebook account, everyone has access to you and it's rude to say no. I have meet so many wonderful people over the years. Those people can still message me using Facebook messenger. At this time, I am going to channel my efforts into more creative pursuits. I like the idea of being IRL more of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment