Saturday, August 10, 2019

Overdue Update

What up blog? I am too busy these days to post, which is a good thing.

I see that there is still traffic here so I am going to update everyone. I am working on a new website. Which is why I don't care to post so much. This website has been good but it's antiquated and my portfolio is kinda low res. I don't want to convert everything but I also don't want to delete it all... So I am working slowly to pull things over. I don't want a portfolio website anymore. I want this site to be something else. I don't need any more business and I have been putting this off for a while.

Recently, I have been teaching and freelancing like crazy. I still make direct mail, commercials and electronic designs. I don't think there has been anything game changing in these realms. I'll eventually put some of it on social media. I have been working on a lot of packaging and box prototypes. That has been fun and it's all regular/predictable work paying out monthly. I love it.

I have been teaching at Lane Community College.

I taught a web design course for small business and it went really well. Everyone had varying experience levels. Everyone got something out of it. I had eight students and I got a ton of positive feedback.

Anyways, I would like to get more involved in education at this point, and I think I'd like to channel a lot of my side business into doing good for the community. We'll see how that goes, but I certainly feel like I should give back. I have tried to do this over the years, with varying degrees of success. I like inspiring people towards creative endeavors and there certainly is a need for more well trained professionals. 
I have been volunteering and speaking at schools around the Valley. I have also been setting up for live music at beergarden. (not a typo) and Public House. It has all been a lot of fun. I am enjoying the variety in my routine. I love working out of the house and being home all summer with my family.













No comments:

Post a Comment