Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Worst is Over... :)

by Jamie Bennett

So this is just a quick update about how our show season has been, and a run down of what is coming in the next couple months. The title of this blog post is in reference to nothing... lol... In advertising, the worst is never over, it's just lying dormant. It just felt good to say that the worst is over because, I have been working really hard the last several months.


To begin with, on the left you will see the artwork for this year's festival shirts. It will be printed on neon shirts, using bright neon inks. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys.

Second, the paper cutter is holding it's own and so if my new printer. Over the last month I have printed, cut and shipped over 80k direct mailers to promote our various shows around Oregon. This has arguably been our most successful show season to date.

Third, I will be hand making a couple hundred cowboy hats for this year's country music festivals. To the right you can see the basic layout of these. There will be two different styles. Every year I have tried to find a good source for these hats. Your typical promotional company doesn't have very many options for these hats. It is so easy to make a cowboy hat look nerdy, and people are so finicky about what they wear on their heads. Embroidery shops ether can't do what I need them to, or they suggest cheesy hats. It sometimes feels like all our options are simultaneously too expensive and too cheap. I am going to take a stab at making these myself because I have exhausted all other options.

I am breaking out the spray paint and polyurethane. At least, that's how things are looking as of right now. The plan is to put Guaranty's logo on the side, and a department specific icon on the back of the brim. I am excited to see people's reactions. I have all sorts of SWAG coming in for these festivals, and I am starting to get very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment