Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Santa Claus Drops By


by Jamie Bennett

Every year I get to be Santa at Guaranty. It is the best. I love seeing all the little faces light up.


I started the day in Eugene, delivering warm socks and hats to those less fortunate. It is always humbling and rewarding to deliver these gifts. The people at the Saint Vincent De Paul shelter are very warm and open. They are grateful for the gift. The kids are welcoming and happy to see me. KEZI was there but I don't see a story posted online from their news coverage. I believe all parents appreciate the gesture and kids are adorable. 

In the afternoon I sat in our new car showroom and waited as families came through to take photos with me. It was also a lot of fun. The suit was warm and I was sleepy. A little girl asked me a ton of questions and was on the verge of pulling off my beard. I was able to talk to her long enough to get away with being an imposter. 

I am just going to post  relatively tiny pics, in effort to protect people's privacy.



No comments:

Post a Comment