Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Eggman's on the Move

by Jamie Bennett

So in 2014 I have already had some fairly high profile Eggie appearances. The image to the left is a radio remote in Junction City but I have also made appearance so far at the Pear Blossom Parade and McMinnville's UFO Festival. I will hopefully be making an appearance at the Cape Blanco Country Music Festival and you know you'll find me at Willamette Country Music Festival.

To the left is a photo of myself and other participents at Medford's Pear Blossom Parade. I walked something like three miles in the egg suite – hugging and high-fiving the whole way. Kids love Eggie. They may not always know who or what I am but they just light up when I walk by. We passed out water and I was sweating like crazy. This took place Saturday, April 12 and was a lot of fun. After all this excitement I slept the whole way home. Thank God for my wife being there to take the wheel. I can't wait to do this all over again next year.

To the right is a photo of Eggie at the McMinville UFO Festival. This festival was incredible. I wish that I got to spend more time there. There were lectures, movies and parties. I just walked in the parade which was a lot of fun in and of it's self. I decorated a class B van with all sorts of UFO decals. I also made Eggie up to look like Spok, complete with pointy ears and my wife even made Eggie a beautiful silver cape. This parade took place Saturday, May 17 and I couldn't be leave the quality of floats that participated. I am very excited for the prospect of doing it all over again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment