Friday, February 14, 2014

S.E.E. See Everything Everywhere

by Jamie Bennett


S.E.E. is and incredible metaphysical zine that is all about consciousness. It's roughly 28 pages long and packed with incredible artwork from multiple artists, across the globe. It is a really interesting read and I am glad to have participated in the project. The print quality itself is really good. Chris Reynolds, a long time friend and fellow artist, was the brainchild behind this publication. He truly outdid himself.

I immediately wanted to help Chris when he told me about this project. I offered to create decals to help promote the project and I ended up creating three different sets. If you are one of the first 100 to order a copy of S.E.E. you will get one of the original decals. Copies are only $5 and you can order them by mail or in person, if you live in Payson, Ariz.

To the left you can see the cover of the publication and a teaser from an interior page. I can't stress enough how pleased I am with how the publication turned out. I will probably begin producing copies for the Willamette Valley.

Please select "Read more" to view some of the decals that were created for this project. I have also posted information on how you can receive a copy of this zine. Please order a copy and support the very talented artist that made this project possible.



I love the decals that were produced for this project. I used  artwork that Chris mailed to me but with my own interpretation. You can get an idea of what was produced to the right. Mudhead is a character that Chris uses in his personal artwork. I took this character and added some final touches to him for the decals. I also created a couple new characters so it's a 50/50 split of Chris and my artwork. I have already received photos of these decals on personal vehicles as far away as Connecticut.
If you want your own copy of S.E.E. please send $5 to the address below. The first 100 copies will receive a decal.

S.E.E. c/o Chris Reynold
1304 N. Beeline HWY #29
Payson, AZ 85541, USA


I really hope there is a second issue. This project was a lot of fun to work on. The end product was incredible and I feel very lucky to know an artist as talented as Mr. Chris Reynolds.

This portion has been posted after the original post. I just wanted to share that the publication appears in the Fluxbox Exhibit curated by Keith A. Buchholz, at the Art Institute of Chicago in the Joan Flasch Library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment