Sunday, July 29, 2012

Relay for Life

by Jamie Bennett

raceforcure

Yesterday (07/28/12) I participated in Relay for Life. This was held at Willamette High School in Eugene, Ore. and not only was it a good cause but we also tried to break the world record for the largest mascot gathering. I can only describe it as a the craziest thing that I have ever participated in. Mascots were everywhere. I personally have never seen, nor given so many high fives in my life.


Relay for Life is the main volunteer-driven cancer fundraising event of the American Cancer Society and I highly recommend participating or sponsoring someone for this noble cause.



We fell short of beating the world record for the worlds largest mascot gathering by less than ten mascots, at last count. This was of course disappointing but I am optimistic that next year we will break that record. If you are a mascot or know a mascot that would like to participate please
email me. It was a great day. My favorite part was getting to participate in a giant dance party with all the mascots. Here is a link to some footage of that. My wife took it and all I can say is that the footage isn’t nearly as exciting as being in the middle of the mascot mayhem. I was dancing my buns off. Here is also a link to some news footage of the event (courtesy of KVAL).

jamieandbigfootrelaymascotts

No comments:

Post a Comment