Sunday, October 31, 2010

Extreme Makeover- Home Edition – Oregon School for the Deaf, Salem, Ore.

by Jamie Bennett

xtreme3xtreme2xtreme1

One of my first field assignments since moving to Junction City, Ore. was to go to Salem, Ore. and install decals on the coaches that we donated to Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I took Vinyl signs and decals to Salem on the morning shooting started. We got their around 11 a.m. and it started raining. I met with the show coordinator or producer who took his time showing me around. I got a shirt and hard hat (later painted yellow for ESPN’s College GameDay). I displayed our signage in areas that the press and onlookers would gather.


I next met with our photographer Curtis Reed and we began installing removable decals on all the coaches that belonged to Guaranty. Our goal was to make our presence apparent to the general populous. It turns out installing decals in the rain is much easier than installing them under the sun. I got to walk around and explore the prop areas and we took facebook photos. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment