Sunday, June 4, 2017

Lego Project for the Sake of Learning

My wife is an art teacher at the high school and middle school level. As a benefit the school was auctioning off various things and this was one of those things. A kid and two friends of their choice were given paint pens and walked through the process of properly masking things to produce this sort of art work. To the left was the basic template that was provided. The full process was explained from start to finish. We just couldn't have kids spray painting.

I always thought that masking was hard, but over the years I learned how easy you can create things with stencils and through various masking techniques. It was nice to be able to share this with the kids. All the lego people were spray painted with flecks through out, and I can't believe how well the kids did (featured below). I thought maybe my wife did all three... You're basically set up for success with these templates. I have done a bunch go lego people personally and it's always a lot of fun.


Click "Read More" to See my Wife's Lego Person!


















It's Frida Kahlo! I can't even believe it. ;)

Yeah, I love all of these. We gave the kids Molotow Markers and Posca Paint Markers. I sprayed Ironlak and Kolour 400 ml. I used some basic masking techniques and a plotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment