Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Painting an Art Room

by Jamie Bennett

Cascade Colour is donating time and resource to painting and decorating the Roosevelt Middle School in Eugene, OR. We are currently halfway done. We painted Keith Haring imagery all over the cabinets and drawers, as well as installed decals on the windows. We will continue to paint this weekend and we are discussing other imagery to include.


I really love Keith Haring. He is one of my all time favorite artists. I remember seeing his work as a kid and he really inspired me to go into art, to draw more and explore my own style. I really hope that he inspires a new generation of young artists.



I will post more pictures after we go back and do some more work. This room is huge and it has been poorly painted several times by others. It was uninspiring at best. The kids and faculty love what we have done and I can't wait to continue to this project.





No comments:

Post a Comment