Saturday, November 17, 2012

Eggie Goes to College GameDay

by Jamie Bennett

gamedayheader

When I go out and make these Eggie appearances my primary responsibility is to engage the crowd around me and to try. I try to keep my energy levels high and our primary goal is to have some positive interactions with the people we encounter. GameDay (11/17/12) was packed. There was no way to score a picture with the Duck as he crowd surfed, road a Harley and that was just fine with me. Being that this was a University of Oregon related function I figured we should keep somewhat of a low profile. I also can’t cut through crowds easily in the suit. We started passing out SWAG and working the out rim of the massive crowd. The hardhat featured below was given to me at Extreme Makeover : Home Edition.


eggie0eggie1eggie2

I was getting mobbed for LED glasses. I was carrying a ton of Gatorade bottles and passing those out as we moved from place to place. At some point we ran into the gentleman below (featured left). I believe he said his name was Tom (Thom). I guess this is a character he does. He and Guaranty’s photographer Jason exchanged information and I gave him a sports drink. He seemed pretty excited and we ran into him an handful of other times through out the event.

I heard the band start to fire up and so I figured that it was time to try and get Eggie on some ESPN coverage (featured right).

eggie3eggie4eggie5

I also hoped to increase the populations general awareness of my presence at the event. The band was positioned towards the back. They were massive and because all the security was up by the stage we had no problem mixing in to snag some killer pictures. Everyone seemed excited to see us. Some band members asked to have their picture taken with Eggie and we decided it was time to leave. Before leaving, we also wanted to snag a couple pictures with the local law enforcement who was patrolling the event. I figured that these are our customer too and I assured them that nothing would be photoshopped into this picture (lol).

eggie6eggie7eggie8

No comments:

Post a Comment